Pumped Water Distribution Network Data Requirements
The information required to carry out the hydraulic study is as follows:
- Network infrastructure data including – schematic, pipe lengths/diameters, nodes/elevations
(we can automatically convert EPANet models into our software).
- Demand information – maximum and minimum flowrates (often given at district meters located around the network) plus location of district meters.
- Reservoir information, levels, type (normally ‘fill and draw’) etc.
- Pump station information – arrangement drawing, curves, motor type (fixed or variable speed) suction levels, operating philosophy i.e. low pressure/high pressure trigger points.
- Any history of bursts, low demand/pressure areas.
- Pressure / flow control valves, sizes, type and settings.
- Dimensions of any existing surge vessels.