Hydraulic Analysis have undertaken large numbers of steady and unsteady flow studies of raw and potable water pipelines. A typical study will normally address the following issues:
- Calculation of systems characteristics for different operating conditions, including variation in water levels and pipeline roughness condition.
- Pump selection to confirm chosen units are capable of achieving duty flowrate for all operating conditions.
- Confirmation that surge pressures remain within pipeline rating or, if necessary, calibrate a suitable method of surge suppression e.g. a surge vessel.
- Air valve sizing and selection (raw water pipelines – especially with initially drained borehole risers).
- Pump non-return valve selection.
- Pump NPSH calculations.